Friend’s birthday parties, holidays, hockey tournaments, violin courses… Do your kids have a lot on? Help them creating a personalized calendar featuring their pictures. It’s a fun activity at any time of the year!
Selecting the type of calendar
The kind of calendar you want to create for your kids will determine the format and number of pictures you need. There are several options for you to choose from:
- A classic calendar is great for when you need to list numerous activities (on 100% recycled paper, if you want!);
- The desktop calendar, for when there’s no more space on the walls in their room;
- A planning calendar is a must-have when you want to give the kids an overview of the entire upcoming year;
- An agendais something they can take with them everywhere they go (29 or 55 photos).
How to choose your pictures
No matter which kind of calendar you select, pick at least a dozen pictures (one per month) and save them in a folder on your computer so you can easily find them when the time comes to creating the calendar.
You can’t go wrong by making the pictures match the seasons when they’ll be displayed. Colourful leaves (or a decorated pumpkin) in October, vacation pictures for spring break, a Christmas tree in December…
Also remember to pick a cover photo. Don’t hesitate to ask your child what he prefers: a family portrait? A highlight from their summer vacations? A photo of their favourite pet? These are all good answers!
A few extras…
Use small stickers (coloured circles, cartoon characters…) to help your child remember upcoming events.
- extracurricular activities (sports, music);
- birthdays of family and friends;
- holidays (Easter, Halloween, Christmas…);
- special events (days when they’ll be staying with Grandma, friends’ birthdays…).