Why do dark circles and unedereye bags appear? And how can you get rid of them? The answers are right here : have a look!
What causes dark circles and bags?
The skin around the eyes is approximately 4 times thinner then that of the rest of the face. The result : it marks more easily.
- Dark circles appear because of a bad blood circulation or an accumulation of lymph – the liquid that drains the tissues in the body – under the skin. Affected by vascularization problems or unable to « flush » superfluous pigments, the skin takes a bluish or brownish tone.
- Bags are caused by an excess of water or fat under the eyes, which can be linked to a bad blood circulation or to water retention.
Many factors can affect blood circulation or skin tonus – and, therefore, play a part in the appearance of dark circles and bags. Here are some of them:
- Life habits such as tobacco or alcohol consuming
- due to aging
SOS skincare to the rescue
How can you reduce the appearance of dark circles and bags? A good place to start is to add specialized skincare products to your equipment.
- Use a moisturizing serum formulated especially for the contour of the eyes, with ingredients that stimulate blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. Add it to your regular routine to enhance the effect of your other products, or use it for a certain period of time to get an intensive cure.
- Pick a daily moisturizer with brightening ingredients and light-reflecting pigments.
- Get patches infused with concentrated ingredients for the moments when you need a quick and efficient glow boost.
Good to know
Do you want to make the undereye bags disappear in a flash? Store your skincare products in the refrigerator! As cold stimulates blood circulation, your eyes will become less puffy, quicker.
Clarins brings more than 35 years of anti-ageing expertise to give you Double Serum Eye, delivering all the benefits and innovation of iconic Double Serum in a power-packed dual-phase formula for younger-looking eyes and visible results on all the signs of ageing around the eye area.
Dark circle skin-evening corrector. Brown & blue dark circles. Dullness of eye zone.
Makeup: let’s conceal!
Of course, you can count on your makeup bag to complete the effect of your skincare routine! These two essentials will come handy:
- A concealer with a shade similar to your complexion. Apply it under your eyes by making small dots in the shape of a V, then blend.
- A corrector palette: use the orange or yellow shade to neutralize the color of the dark circles and cover it up with a flesh-toned shade.
Dermablend's full coverage concealer provides maximum coverage for up to 16 hours of consistent smudge and transfer-resistant wear*. Our best concealer stick was formulated by a dermatologist and makeup artist with a high concentration of high-performance pigments to cover acne, scars, age spots, and more without enhancing the look of lines, wrinkles, or pores. Never cakey or masky, our cream concealer glides on smoothly allowing skin to feel comfortable and look naturally flawless. *When used with dermablend setting powder.
High coverage, ultra wear concealer.