Stressing about having the same dress as somebody else on the big night? There’s nothing to worry about! Dress your hair in a multi-braid bun or boho-chic waves and you’ll keep your head held high… and turn everybody else’s!
Loose do: Boho-chic crisscrossed waves
Your curling iron is still your BFF. Use it to add movement to your hair for this romantic, delicate and super-cute style.
- After shampooing and conditioning, towel-dry your hair and apply Personnelle Extra Firm Hold Mousse, the perfect product for adding volume and texture.
- Blow dry on high, tilting your head forward for extra volume.
- Use a curling iron to curl hair section by section (keep the sections fairly big… you want alluring waves, not a perm). We recommend the ultra-practical Conair Butane Curling Iron. Spritz each newly created wave with Personnelle Extra Firm Hold Hairspray.
- Separate a section of your hair the width of your eyebrows.
- Pull the section back and create a twist a few inches from the root. Attach to the back of the head with a bobby pin, adding a second pin to make sure it stays in place.
- Separate a thin lock of hair at 90° from the end of your eyebrow and pull it over to the far side of the twist. Twist the lock slightly and attach with a bobby pin.
- Repeat on the other side of your head, then continue twisting and crisscrossing locks on each side until you reach the top of your ears.
- Add one final spritz of hair spray.
Updo: The multi-braid bun
Here’s how to get this practical, elegant and fashion-forward style:
- After shampooing and conditioning, towel-dry your hair and apply a smoothing serum.
- Blow-dry on high, smoothing strands with a round brush. Use a straightener if needed.
- Pull your hair into a high ponytail.
- Braid little sections of the ponytail here and there, then place a hair donut around the ponytail.
- Cover the donut with hair and place a clear elastic around the base to shape the bun.
- Pull all the hair that isn’t in the bun forward and separate it into two sections.
- Braid the first section and twist it around the bun. Attach with a bobby pin.
- Do the same with the second section, twisting it in the opposite direction.
- Spray with Personnelle Extra Firm Hold Hairspray, taming any rebellious hairs. The product won’t leave hair sticky.