Colour, light and texture: that’s what makeup is all about this season. Check out our top five trends, spotted on the catwalks and on social media.
1. Metallic accents…
A little touch in the corner of the eyes, a line that spans the length of your lashes, or fully coloured eyelids... this season, there are infinite ways to use metallic shadows. How will you adapt the trend to make it yours?
- If you're going for something subtle, apply the shadow to the desired area using a brush or a cotton swab soaked in setting fluid. You'll get more a precise result, with an even texture and a super-vibrant colour.
- If you want to cover larger areas for a luminous effect that's still somewhat subtle, make sure your colour doesn't go beyond your eyelids. Pro tip: Choose cream shadows for easier application and richer textures.
Our highly pigmented single eyeshadow in a metallic chrome finish! An exceptional creamy texture for either a hint of shimmer or a bold metallic finish: you choose!
Introducing brightening liquid eye color in one shot! Our new innovative liquid eyeshadow gives you all shimmer, no glitter, and ultimate glow. This lightweight, buildable formula features no flake, no fallout, and up to 12 hour wear so you can glow wherever you go! Step into the spotlight with liquid luminosity in a wide range of wearable and fun shades! Wear alone, under powder eyeshadow, or mix and match to create your own pro-level looks. Confident color with an ultra-comfortable second-skin feel melts onto skin for vivid luminosity. Formulated with vitamin c! Take a shot of our fruit-inspired shades to boost your daily glow. Get a healthy dose of brightening color in one easy swipe!
2. A velvety red mouth…
Ruby, burgundy, cranberry... Classic red shades have been staples in makeup bags for years and they’re here to stay! The difference? This fall, they come in glossy finishes and light, matte textures with a slightly powdery effect.
Here are a few tips for maximum effect:
- Ensure you exfoliate your lips to remove dead skin and obtain a smooth surface before you apply your colour.
- If needed, create a clean lip line using a pencil to prevent the colour from running.
- Apply a nourishing balm often to keep your lips fully moisturized. Remember: daily care is essential!
Shake up your longwear with Vinyl Ink. This liquid lipstick delivers no budge vinyl color, with up to 16H wear & an instant shine finish.
Meet the 1st liquid shapewear for your lips: Lip Lingerie Xtra Xtra Long-lasting! Full-bodied smooth matte lips Mold your lips and accentuate your lip shape! This vegan formula* sets to a smooth matte finish for fuller-looking lips. 16H color that moves with you This type of lingerie stretches with you... no matter what your lips do! No crack, no budge, no fade and no transfer for up to 16 hours! But just like your favorite shapewear… it feels lightweight and comfortable! Color-saturated matte liquid lipstick nudes 24 nudes amped-up with color saturation designed to enhance all complexions *no animal derived ingredients
3. Graphic liners…
From super-fine outlines to colourful cat’s eyes, graphic liners are creating a multitude of looks this fall. Just pick your favourite and use the right tools for the job.
- Use a fine-tipped, easy-on, felt-tip liner to achieve even, symmetrical lines in a snap.
- Choose liquid liners with a brush when you want bolder results.
- For smoky effects, try a high-power, easy-to-blend pencil.
This season’s colours
Black is still a classic, but brighter shades are also highly popular. Check out Pantone’s latest trends: vibrant green, aqua turquoise, deep blue-gray, pinkish purple... Dare you?
4. Fresh-looking skin…
Thinking about your complexion? Think minimalist. Here, the goal is to enhance your face’s natural radiance without overemphasizing its structure.
Two great types of products to choose from:
- Illuminating bases: these brighten your complexion and keep your skin comfortable throughout the day, while offering longer hold.
- Tinted formulas offer light or medium coverage with added moisturizing to help nourish your skin and provide a smooth, even effect.
Makeup + Skincare = The Perfect Match. Introducing New True Match Nude Hyaluronic Tinted Serum by L'Oreal Paris - The 1st tinted serum with 1 percent Hyaluronic Acid. With this tinted serum skin instantly looks brighter, even and feels hydrated for a nude, radiant finish. The 1% Hyaluronic acid gives skin a hydrated feel and smooths over time, while the luminous mineral pigments provide lightweight coverage for a brightened complexion. Available in 14 nude, radiant shades that blend to match a variety of skintones.
5. Naturally accentuated eyebrows…
This fall, you’ll want to strive for intense, tightly controlled brows that still look natural. How do you do it? Easy…
- Using a fine-tipped pencil that matches your natural colour, draw thin lines that blend in seamlessly with your eyebrows.
- Comb your brows upward using a gel or wax.
- Practice regular plucking to maintain your brow line.