Braids are incredibly practical, and best of all, they’re also very trendy. Here’s how to create a bohemian look with fishtail braids.
Fishtail braids are a great way to try something new with your hair. A bit more unpredictable than traditional braids, they’re an impressive style that seems complicated but really isn’t. Find inspiration from this all-purpose look.
- Straighten your hair with a flat iron and add volume with Dove Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray. You can also use a combination of volumizing products in the shower to make sure your hairstyle doesn’t fall flat during the day.
- Apply Herbal Essences Naked dry shampoo on your roots to add texture. You can then part your hair as you normally would. For a tamer look, part your hair in the middle, or go for the rebellious effect by parting your hair in a haphazardly manner.
- Just like with pigtails, divide your hair into two sections at the base of your head.
- Braid each hair bundle using the fishtail technique. To do so, split each section into two equal parts. Using your finger, select a thin strand of hair from the most outer section and pull it over to the other section. A lot simpler than the three-strand braid.
- Repeat this process until the hair is braided to your liking. Once that’s done, tie it with an elastic. It’s preferable to use thin clear elastics so they don’t steal focus away from your new hairstyle.
- Once both braids are completed, create some imperfections by pulling a few strands out.
- Finally, use a veil of hairspray on your head. That way, you’re sure to keep your fishtail braids all day.