Have you heard about the jelly nail craze on TikTok? It’s an easy way to give your nails a jelly-like look with clear, lightly coloured nail polish. Here are the steps to do it at home…
The jelly trend
Jelly nails are a trendy new way to add a touch of clear colour to your nails this summer. The secret? Just add a few drops of tinted polish to a clear base polish. Your nails will look like yummy jellybeans.
This hot new look was inspired by the sandals of the same name, which were made of translucent plastic and were hot in the 90s. This summer, they’re making a comeback as a must-have wardrobe accessory. Why not get a pair to match your new nails!
Creating the jelly manicure in your own home
- Choose a high-quality, clear polish as your base coat.
- Think about the final colour you want to achieve, red, pink, blue, orange… bright colours work best for this type of manicure. Looking for inspiration? Match the colour to your mood, your outfit, or the eyes of the person you’re with! It’s time to colour your world with imagination!
- Add a few drops of coloured nail polish to the clear nail polish bottle. One or two drops should be enough but continue until you get the saturation you want. Be careful, though: the more polish you add the more opaque it will be, which means your final result won’t look like jelly beans.
- Apply two thin coats of your coloured nail polish, allowing a few minutes for the polish to dry between coats. Remember to use a quick-drying polish!
- To maximize the translucent, jelly-like effect, try adding a layer of protective polish as a finishing coat to preserve your awesome nails.
- Remember: your nails will take 2 to 3 hours to dry completely. So, be careful during the drying process… it’s an ideal moment to relax with some down-time.
Perfection! Because the colour is blended with a clear polish, the result is a delicate and radiant finish—the perfect summer style to let the sun shine through. With or without matching sandals, you're sure to be a sensation!
Your jelly-nail friends
Take it to the Xtreme Available in 45 of the hottest, most-wanted shades.