Giving yourself a facial mask once or twice a week isn't just pleasant, it also nourishes your skin deeply to better meet the specific needs of your face. In summer, for example, your skin thirsts for soothing, purifying formulas to help counter the effects of the sun, heat, humidity and air pollution. Here are seven suggestions to keep your face feeling and looking great.
Soothing masks for dry, sensitive skin
If your face has a tendency to redden and tighten after a day outside, offer it...
- A soothing radiance mask from Avène. Made with vitamin E and natural red-fruit extracts, this mask calms and repairs your skin while reinforcing its protective barrier by helping it retain water.
- A soothing pink-clay mask from Lotus Aroma. Thanks to its unique combination of clays, essential oils and floral waters, this mask nourishes, softens and tones your skin—the perfect recipe for a radiant glow!
Once a week, the Soothing radiance mask offers a cocoon-like texture rich in Avène Thermal Spring Water and in hydro-nourishing active ingredients to soothe and repair the skin during a moment of gentle, comforting care.
Purifying and exfoliating masks for dull skin that's prone to blemishes
Humidity, sweat and pollution can suffocate your skin, reducing its radiance and causing imperfections. To help prevent all that, try...
- The Skin Best Wondermud mask from Biotherm. Its antioxidant-enriched mineral clay formula removes accumulated impurities, smooths your skin and absorbs excess oil—all in just 3 minutes. That's right, 3 minutes!
- The Instant Detox Mask from Caudalie. This fresh, 99.3% natural gel-cream refines the texture of your skin and tightens pores quickly and effectively.
- The exfoliating and unifying Insta-Mask from Nuxe. The benefits of this soft gel-oil— featuring rose water, macadamia oil and natural exfoliating powder—can be seen and felt almost instantly. Get ready for a smooth, radiant complexion!
Regenerating masks to fight signs of aging and fatigue
You already know that prolonged exposure to the sun can accelerate signs of aging, wrinkles, fine lines and pigmentation spots. What you might not know is that you can help prevent that with...
- The Youthful Radiance Mask with collagen from Karine Joncas. In just 5 minutes, this enveloping formula with red clay and olive oil will help plump your skin, smooth wrinkles, revive your complexion and reduce the appearance of pores—what more could you ask for!
- The Hydra-Essentiel thirst-quenching eye mask from Clarins. Its moisturizing and soothing ingredients help smooth the contour of your eyes, reduce puffiness and lessen the appearance of dark circles. Best of all, you can leave it on all night or just 10 minutes!