Do you prefer a short or long beard? Are you thinking of cutting yours down or letting it grow? No matter how you wear it, there are four key steps to keeping it looking its best. Grab your trimming tools!
Whether you have a three-day beard that "shades" the cheeks or a fuller ten-day beard, the process is basically the same.
- Trim your beard by running the clippers against the direction of the hair, starting at the neck and working up toward the face. Preferably, choose a guide, or tip, that will leave the hair at a length of about 3 mm.
- Is your hair heavier in some places than in others? To create an even effect, leave it longer on sparse areas, and cut it shorter on full areas. To make your job easier, get clippers with different sizes of trimming guides.
- Shave the hair on your cheeks closely for a clean finish. You can use a straight comb as a guide: simply place it so that you draw a slanted line between the top of your ear and the corners of your mouth.
- Work on the length of the hair on your neck. To ensure a smooth transition with your beard, make sure you don’t shave it too close: keeping it about 1 mm long will prevent a sharp demarcation.
This style requires more dexterity when cutting, and needs more care. Don’t worry, though: there are ways to make your life easier!
- First of all, clean your beard: like your hair, it needs to be untangled regularly, then washed with the right product. Use a gentle product formulated specifically to care for it - many multi-purpose facial cleansers are also suitable for beards.
A quick reminder: never cut a wet beard. As water weakens and weighs down - and therefore "lengthens" - the hair, you risk both damaging it and cutting it too short.
Nivea Deep Face & Beard Wash with active charcoal that cleanses pores and beard hair, leaving the skin feeling noticeably refreshed and clean. Discover a new experience in your grooming routine.
The BarberClub Hair, Beard and Body wash is an All-in-1 answer to cleansing and conditioning hair while freeing the skin and beard of dirt and impurities. Enriched with Cedarwood essential oil.
The pinnacle of over a century's worth of innovation and expertise, and the only range that bears the name of our company's founder: King C. Gillette. Our refreshing beard and face wash with coconut water, argan oil and avocado oil leaves your beard and skin feeling fresh and clean every day.
- Trim your beard with clippers to achieve the desired shape and even out the hair, then use scissors to touch up and trim stubborn hairs.
- Next, define the outline of your beard: use an electric razor or a blade to shave the cheeks, neck and mouth area. This is essential to ensure that the beard retains a neat shape. Repeat once or twice a week to increase the time between trims.
Our toughest multipurpose trimmer boasts tempered steel cutting blades that selfsharpen and won't rust. The durable trimmer also includes impact-resistant cutting guards, a steel reinforced motor, and a powerful lithium battery.
- After running a wide-toothed comb or round brush through it, give your beard a nourishing treatment that will leave it soft and shiny. Make this treatment a weekly habit to prevent hair from drying out and becoming dull.
Soften the unruliest beard. This fast-absorbing beard balm contains aloe vera, camelina oil and green tea. It has been specially formulated to soften, condition and moisturize the beard. It also leaves the skin feeling soothed and nourished whilst the beard is healthier looking and feeling less itchy.