Instead of keeping your photos on your smartphone, print them and show them off. Here’s an original and easy way how!
- A large recycled frame that you can paint or alter how you want. Don’t have any? Head to a flea market and you’ll find plenty!
- Hemp string
- A staple gun for crafts
- A self-levelling picture hanger
Step 1: The pictures
- Start by sorting through the pictures you want to display. Tip: To make your picture collage even more memorable, pick a theme or a main subject: family vacation, unforgettable moments with your loved one, appetizing culinary creations, colourful celebrations… Be original!
- Once you’ve picked the photos you want, save your Instagram pictures in a single file on your computer.
- To capture every detail, pick a square print format, either 8 x 8, 10 x 10 or 12 x 12. To make your work of art even more cohesive, use one single print format – either classic style or Polaroid style.
Step 2: The collage
- Remove the backing board and glass from the frame and keep only the border. That way you’ll be able to create a transparent effect on your wall.
- Measure the length of string you’ll need to create a few clotheslines in your frame. Keep in mind you need to leave at least 15 cm (6 in.) between each level.
- Secure the strings horizontally to the back of the frame with the staple gun. Don’t have one? You can also use thumbtacks.
- Nail the self-levelling hanger in back of the frame, in the middle of the upper part.
- Create your picture collage by using the clothespins to hang your Instagram pictures on the string.
- Hang your frame on the wall and admire your work!
Now that you’ve had a taste of the wonderful world of DIY, you can find other ideas for turning your photos into decoration by visiting Jean Coutu's Pinterest here.
To discover other ways to use your Instagram photos, click here.