This medication contains a topical anti-inflammatory drug from the cortisone family (corticosteroid). Typically, it is used for inflammation and itching. It requires several days to take effect.Find a Pharmacy
This medication is to be applied on the skin. To use:
- clean the affected area;
- apply a small quantity, and limit the application to the affected area.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes.
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Continue applying the product to complete the prescribed course of treatment, even after improvement is seen or felt.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. Cortisone products can thin the skin and increase the risk of skin infections. Do not use for longer than necessary.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin;
- it may lighten the skin where it is applied.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you're pregnant or want to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding;
- If you use tobacco or cannabis or its derivatives, or if you use recreational drugs;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.