This medication contains hormones (estrogens). Typically, it is used for atrophic vaginitis (thinning and drying of the vagina, often due to aging or menopause).Find a Pharmacy
This medication is to be used vaginally. Use the product for the prescribed period of time and follow the directions for use included in the package. When applying this product, you may feel a slight irritation at first. If the irritation becomes severe or continues longer than a few minutes, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Use this medication regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause a vaginal yeast infection;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may cause your breasts to feel swollen and tender.
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause vaginal stinging or itching;
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you're pregnant or want to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding;
- If you use tobacco or cannabis or its derivatives, or if you use recreational drugs;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.