This medication is typically used for the treatment of skin warts. It may also be used for corns and calluses, as well as for other uses. It requires several days to take effect.Find a Pharmacy
- Wash the affected area
- Soak skin in hot water for at least five minutes
- Dry thoroughly and use a pumice stone or file to remove any dead skin
- Apply the product and allow to dry
- Cover with a dry bandage, if needed
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes or lips. Do not apply it on skin that has been cut or scratched.
This medication is typically used once or twice a day. However, your pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dryness and peeling of the skin;
- it may cause local irritation.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your health care professional. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you're pregnant or want to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding;
- If you use tobacco or cannabis or its derivatives, or if you use recreational drugs;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.