This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. This medication may be chewed, crushed or swallowed whole.
This medication should be taken with a meal and a large glass of water.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause constipation -- to prevent this, drink plenty of water or juice, and eat more dietary fibre;
- it may cause indigestion.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you're pregnant or want to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding;
- If you use tobacco or cannabis or its derivatives, or if you use recreational drugs;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.