This medication is typically used for the prevention of acute attacks of angioedema.Find a Pharmacy
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously), according to the technique you were shown.
This medication is typically used twice a week. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand.
If you forget a dose, contact your pharmacist.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause redness and swelling at the injection site.
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
Keep this product in the refrigerator or at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. This product must be kept in its original packaging. Do not transfer it to another container. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you're pregnant or want to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding;
- If you use tobacco or cannabis or its derivatives, or if you use recreational drugs;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.