This medication is typically used for an inflammatory skin rash known as seborrheic dermatitis or for dandruff.Find a Pharmacy
This medication is a shampoo. To use it:
- apply the shampoo to wet hair;
- massage vigorously, and lather with a small amount of water
- leave on the hair for about 5 minutes
- rinse the hair thoroughly.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes.
This medication is typically used twice a week. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, it is used only as needed.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
This product is generally well tolerated and rarely causes side effects. When side effects do occur, they usually disappear on their own, without further treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
This product does not require any specific storage precaution. Make sure that it is not confused with other non-medicated shampoos.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you're pregnant or want to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding;
- If you use tobacco or cannabis or its derivatives, or if you use recreational drugs;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.