Here are three elegant, feminine hairstyles that are perfect for summer evenings. Simply follow our step-by-step instructions for hairstyles in a snap.
The modern bun
For this hairstyle, you’ll need an elastic band, a doughnut the same colour as your hair, and hairpins.
- Make a ponytail using the elastic band. Position it wherever you like: on top, at the back, or even at the nape.
- Next, place the doughnut around the ponytail.
- Wrap a portion of the ponytail around the front and back of the doughnut. If your hair lacks volume, backcomb it before wrapping it around the doughnut.
To secure your bun, stick hairpins under the doughnut and finish it with a generous coating of hairspray.
Relaxed, wavy curls are timeless, and as popular as ever.
- After your shower, pat your hair dry without rubbing. Using this technique will help you avoid unwanted frizz.
- Next, apply a dollop of mousse that’s specially formulated for curly hair. For maximum volume and control, saturate your hair while still damp.
- If your hair is not naturally curly, use a ¾ inch curling iron to create loose waves that aren’t overly defined.
- For a look that’s natural—and stylish!—alternate the direction of your curls.
Herbal Essences Curl Define mousse is crafted with Bio:Renew, a signature blend of essential antioxidants, aloe, and bamboo, designed to help purify and protect against impurities.
24-hour curl control even in humidity. Nano technology: extra-smooth tourmaline ceramic surface for superior performance. Anti-frizz protection: natural ions reduce frizz for shiny healthy-looking hair. True ceramic heater for instant, even heat-up and recovery. Long-lasting silky curls. 30-second heat-up.
The low bun with braids
Want to add a twist to the classic bun?
- Separate your hair into three sections, from front to back, with one section on top of the head and the others on each side.
- Apply a small amount of volumizing powder to the roots of your hair on the top section.
- Next, set this section of hair at the back of the head in a loose bun.
- Make a French braid on each side.
- Once your braid is formed, set it in a small bun at the back, near the other.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 on the other side.