Contouring can be used to beautify and enhance your entire face or as a trompe-l’oeil effect to hide certain flaws. A few examples:
- To slim down your nose, apply a light colour on its bridge and a dark hue on either side.
- To make your face seem less long, apply a dark hue on your chin and forehead, and a light colour on the sides of your face.
- To widen your gaze, brighten the edge of your arches and below your brows.
- To get full lips, brighten the middle of your lower lip and your Cupid’s bow.
- To sculpt your cheeks, apply a light hue to your cheekbones and a darker colour below them.
- To soften a square jaw, apply a dark hue to the lower part of your jaw line.
- To widen your forehead, apply a light colour to the middle of your forehead and contour it with a darker shade.