Cosmetic products, climatic variations and seasonal allergies: sensitive skin reacts easily to external aggressions. To alleviate discomfort, use the proper techniques and choose the appropriate products.
Activities to banish
If you have sensitive skin, you should cut certain activities from your daily routine, such as:
- Taking very hot showers
- Going outside without protective cream
- Exposing your skin to extreme weather conditions
Products to avoid
Certain products may aggravate delicate skin. We therefore suggest you avoid using them:
- Exfoliants, peels and scrubs
- Exfoliants that aggravate the skin
- Scented and alcohol-based cosmetics
- Certain essential oils
- Anti-aging products
- Deodorants containing aluminum salts
Products suited to you
Easily irritable skin should always be treated with products formulated for sensitive skin, which are made by most quality cosmetic brands.
- Products containing oats help soothe and relieve dry, itchy skin. A-Derma products feature Rhealba oat. This exclusive plant-based active ingredient has anti-irritating, soothing, repairing, hydrating and anti-free radical properties.
- Instead of washing your skin with soap and water, Bioderma’s Sensibio H2O Make-up Removing Micellar Solution is a must. Its gentle formula guarantees excellent compatibility and soothes irritated skin.
- A good quality moisturizing facial day cream is essential. La Roche-Posay’s Toleriane line is available in various textures according to your needs. These care products have an ultra-minimalist formula to limit allergic reactions while offering extreme comfort.
- For full body care, Avène Cold Cream non-greasy formula is perfect for sensitive, irritable skin.
Valued for their therapeutic properties, thermal waters are derived from natural underground sources. These pure waters are free of bacteria and contain trace minerals known to soothe tight skin.
- Avène Thermal Spring Water calms, soothes and softens dry, itchy and red skin. You can also use it to set your makeup.
- La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water has soothing, anti-oxidant properties that soften sensitive, irritated skin and help prevent skin aging.
- Vichy Thermal Spa Water soothes redness and irritation.
- Uriage Thermal Water, naturally rich in mineral salts and trace elements, offers a unique composition that strengthens the skin barrier.
Soothing, softening thermal spring water. Skin that is sensitive and/or irritated by outside factors (sun, dermatological treatments, etc.).
For men and women of all ages who seek to soothe redness and irritation by strengthening the skin's natural defenses.
Uriage thermal water is a skincare water for daily use, a powerful treatment formulated with trace elements and mineral salts, a source of radiance for your skin. Packaged directly at the source, Uriage thermal water is extracted in a pure environment, protected from pollution.