Have a romantic evening coming up? Why not try a braided crown? It’s easy to do, and oh so charming!
Prepare your hair.
- On clean, damp hair, apply a small amount of smoothing serum from root to tip. That way, you’ll be sure to tame frizzes and control flyaways.
- Next, part your hair in the middle to separate it into two equal sections.
- Starting with three small strands of hair on your left side, begin at the neck and braid upwards, passing over your left ear.
- Like a French braid, progressively add new strands of hair to the braid, so that each time you braid one of the three strands, you add a new strip of hair from outside. Insert some bobby pins to hold stray hairs in place, if needed.
- The secret to perfecting this style is to closely braid around the head. Continue alternating and integrating new strands until you’ve formed a braided crown around your head with all of your hair.
- Finish by simply braiding what’s left of your hair (the end of the crown).
Set your ’do.
- Use a small elastic to hold the end of your braid, then tuck it into the braided crown and secure it with a bobby pin.
- Fan out a few strands of your braid to give it a bit more volume.
- Spritz a little hairspray over your ’do and you’re good to go!
- For a glamorous or fashionable touch, add a headband or barrette.