The beauty benefits of clay: different colours for different needs
Did you know that clay comes in several colours? And that each has its own properties? Learn more about the different types of clay and their unique benefits.
Balances, tones and purifies
Used for its beauty benefits since the dawn of time, this natural mineral owes its colour to a high concentration of iron oxide. Naturally rich in trace elements, it stimulates microcirculation in the blood vessels to really wake up the skin.
For who? Red clay is suitable for everyone, and those with skin that is sensitive, irritated, tired or prone to couperose or redness will find it especially appealing.The benefits:
- Revives and brightens the complexion
- Reduces redness and soothes discomfort caused by irritations
- Mattifies and unifies the complexion
- Acts as a natural colour in makeup
- Absorbs excess sebum from the skin and hair
- Restores body, silkiness and shine to hair
smoothens and purifies
For who? Perfect for people with dull or tired skin. With a low concentration of minerals salts, purple clay is the perfect ally for dry and fragile skin.The benefits:
- Detoxifies the skin
- Restores softness to the skin
- Boosts the complexion’s radiance
- Acts as colouring in makeup
tones, oxygenates and exfoliates
With less iron oxide than green clay, yellow clay also causes less irritation.
For who? While it’s suitable for combination skin, its gentleness is ideal for dry, sensitive and mature skin.The benefits:
- Cleanses while absorbing impurities
- Stimulates the production of collagen
- Oxygenates the cells
- Revitalizes the hair
- Strengthens fragile hair
- Has natural anti-wrinkle properties
soothes, heals and revitalizes
White clay is rich in mineral salts and contains kaolin, an ingredient that helps repair skin and hair. It is one of the gentlest types of clay for the skin.
For who? As white clay is quite gentle, it is suitable for all skin types, especially sensitive, dry or mature skin. It also helps restore radiance to dry, fragile hair.The benefits:
- Helps skin to heal
- Softens and purifies the skin
- Hydrates the hair
regenerates and soothes
A mix of red and white clay, pink clay enjoys the benefits of both. The result: an instant glowing complexion!
For who? Since pink clay cleanses the skin deeply with no irritation, it’s an essential addition to your beauty routine if you have dry, sensitive or reactive skin. It is also recommended for sensitive scalps.The benefits:
- Restores radiance to the skin
- Softens and hydrates the skin
- Treats damaged skin
- Eliminates redness
- Smoothens the skin’s texture
- Revitalizes the scalp
hydrates and oxygenates
While this type of clay is quite rare, it’s a serious antipollution ally. Blue clay is renowned for its gentleness and invigorating virtues, restoring vitality to both your hair and skin.
For who? For everyone! Blue clay is particularly effective for mature or oily skin, and for dry or coloured hair.The benefits:
- Removes impurities, pollution and dead skin
- Oxygenates the skin
- Restores radiance and brightness to hair and skin
- Nourishes the hair
- Repairs and protects the hair from external aggressors
purifies and detoxifies
This volcanic rock contains more minerals than white clay, making it more absorbent and able to remove more toxins and impurities.
For who? Green clay is the perfect remedy for hair that is oily, shiny or dull. People with oily, combination or acne-prone skin will also love it, since it removes dirt from the skin and scalp, in addition to absorbing excess sebum.The benefits:
- Regulates sebum production
- Fights acne
- Reduces the appearance of blackheads and tightens pores
- Mattifies the skin
- Helps skin to heal
- Fights dandruff
- Purifies and balances the scalp
Perfect for all skin types with a pore concern, this purifying mask helps skin feel softer, cleaner and clearer immediately. After only one month 83% less visible pores and 92% less dirt and pollution on the skin.