Light, fruity, sharp . . . How to choose your favourite perfume. Let us guide you through this summer's hottest fragrances.
Today there is a vast assortment of perfumes with various olfactive notes that we can wear according to mood, circumstance or season. Summer is perfect for lighter, flightier, sunnier fragrances.
Rule #1: Know what you like.
Are you looking for a new perfume? Identify the odours you prefer. That will help your Jean Coutu cosmetician to guide you through the numerous fragrances.
- Citrus fragrances: fresh, sharp, joyous, light, hesperidic.
- Delicate Floral fragrances: romantic and fresh.
- Opulent floral fragrances: those of white flowers such as jasmine, tuberose or ylang-ylang, the.
- Sweet fragrances: fruity floral scents, sweet, joyous and trendy.
- Spicy and vanilla-based scents: oriental-style perfumes.
Did you know that there are organic perfumes?
Rule #2: Try it!
Because everyone's skin reacts differently to perfume, the best way to test one is to try it out. Spray the perfume on the inside of your wrist and go on shopping for 20 minutes or more. That way you’ll find out how the perfume truly smells on you .
What differentiates the various types of perfume?
One difference is the concentration of perfume in the excipient or carrier (alcohol, water, etc.). The more a perfume is concentrated, the more it lasts. Here follow the names of perfume types according to concentration from lightest to heaviest:
- Eau légère or fresh perfume: 4% concentration
- Eau de cologne: 4-6% concentration , in existence since1709
- Eau de toilette: 7-12% concentration
- Eau de parfum: 12-20% concentration
- Perfume: starts at 20%. Concentration may reach 40% in prestigious perfumes.
For more advice, speak to your Jean Coutu Cosmetician at your Boutique Passion Beauté.