Introduction of a health care management web-Based platform for multiple profiles
Varennes, Quebec, February 9, 2016 – The Jean Coutu Group (PJC) Inc. (“The Jean Coutu Group” or the “Corporation”) and the Network affiliated pharmacists-owners announced today the introduction of the new Health Record. Through this simple and user-friendly platform, available at healthrecord.jeancoutu.com, a single account can be used to access all the Health Records for the members of a single family, from newborns to grandparents.
“We have been listening to the concerns and needs of users of the former Health Record release, and therefore, we created the most comprehensive pharmacists/patients communications tool available on the market”, explained Mr. Richard Mayrand, Senior Vice President, Pharmacy and Governmental Affairs, The Jean Coutu Group.
The new Health Record offered by the Jean Coutu Network affiliated pharmacists-owners combines all the services and benefits in a single platform.
Health Care Services to Patients
- Patients can now submit a single request for the renewal of their prescriptions originating from several Health Records.
- Pill pack patients can now review their Health Records and use them to request prescription renewals for their medications which are not included in their pill packs.
- Patients can review the factsheets on medications shown in their Health Records.
- The Health Record helps keep blood pressure and/or glycemic data for a chart-based consultation. These data are automatically transferred to the in-pharmacy record to improve high blood pressure and/or diabetes monitoring by the pharmacist.
- A Health Record platform tool helps monitor each family member’s weight change based on an individual objective.
- Account access has been streamlined while maintaining a still very high security level.
- User experience has been upgraded, for the website and the mobile site as well.
- The Health Record helps subscribe the It’s Ready! notification service designed to advise customers when prescriptions are ready, via emails or text messages.
- The Health Record facilitates purchase receipt printing for income tax return purposes.
About The Jean Coutu Group
The Jean Coutu Group is one of the most trusted names in Canadian pharmacy retailing. The Corporation operates a network of 416 franchised stores located in the provinces of Quebec, New Brunswick and Ontario under the banners of PJC Jean Coutu, PJC Clinique, PJC Santé and PJC Santé Beauté, which employs close to 20,000 people. Furthermore, the Jean Coutu Group owns Pro Doc Ltd ("Pro Doc"), a Quebec-based subsidiary and manufacturer of generic drugs.
- 30 -
Background Video: https://youtu.be/6MnrsDCwHSA
Source: The Jean Coutu Group (PJC) Inc.
Vice President, Communications
450 646-9611, ext. 1165
Frédéric D. Tremblay
Director Events and Sponsorships /
450 646-9611, ext. 1400