Acceptance policy for discount coupons
(April 2016 Edition)
Discount coupons from suppliers, manufacturers and coupons issued by The Jean Coutu Group (PJC) Inc.
- We accept supplier coupons, manufacturer coupons and all the coupons issued by the Jean Coutu Group (flyers, newspapers, magazines and the jeancoutu.com website) and various website.
- To be accepted in a PJC store, a coupon must:
- be presented when purchasing the product covered by the coupon and must correspond to the quantity of products purchased. A customer may present as many coupons for a product that the number of product they buy. The PJC, however, reserves the right to limit the number of advertised items that a customer can get if a customer limit is already mentioned on the product;
- be clear and easily readable, with no signs of alteration or modification;
- be printed in color or black and white and written in French, English or be bilingual;
- clearly identify the nature of the offer, the applicable terms and exclusions, if any. These may include:
→ a reduction in $ value of the product: This value cannot exceed $ 10 without permission of a person in charge of the store who has the discretion of refusing the coupon;
→ a free item with purchase or no purchase (Internet coupons entitling a free item with no purchase are not accepted with the exception of scannable coupons issued by Jean Coutu which must be accepted);
- include a readable bar code or a coupon code;
- have a valid Canadian address for reimbursement (except for Jean Coutu coupons) such as PO Box 128 Longueuil (Quebec), PO Box 1600, Pickering (Ontario), PO Box 3000, Saint John (New Brunswick).
- have a valid expiration date.
- A customer may use a manufacturer coupon on the reduced price of an item advertised in the Jean Coutu circular or the reduced price of a local promotion. He can even use at the same time a second coupon from the Jean Coutu Group (scannable at checkout) on the same article unless otherwise stated in the terms of one or the other coupon.
- In the case of a promotion such as "Buy one Get one Free" (BOGO), a customer may also present a manufacturer coupon (such as "reduction in $ value of the product"), unless otherwise indicated in the terms of the coupon.
- If the value of a coupon exceeds the price of the product, this value should be reduced to the selling price of the product. The price difference will not be given to the customer.
- In the case of a product return purchased with a coupon, the customer will be refunded for the amount actually paid, thus excluding the value of the coupon. The coupon will not be given back to the customer.
- In Quebec, coupons applicable on drugs are not accepted as no coupon that applies to a drug (as defined in the Pharmacy Act) can be legally accepted in a pharmacy.
- We accept Internet coupons (these are coupons printed by the customer from a website other than www.jeancoutu.com and therefore have no impression on the back). In addition to the general conditions of acceptance they must:
- Include a photo of the product and a single UPC code and a readable and scannable bar code.
- Be marked as "Internet Coupon" or identifying the issuing company.
- Have a valid expiration date which should not exceed six months over the current date.
Note: Internet coupons entitling a free item with no purchase are not accepted with the exception of scannable coupons issued by Jean Coutu which must be accepted.
- Unless otherwise indicated, photocopies of internet coupons are accepted.
- The internet printable coupons issued by the Jean Coutu Group on its website and coupons available in the Jean Coutu Coupon Center include a pictogram. These coupons must obligatorily be scanned.
AIR MILES® COUPONS
- The conditions indicated on bonus AIR MILES® coupon prevail over the following terms:
- only one coupon per transaction is accepted, unless otherwise indicated on a second coupon to the effect that it can be combined with another coupon;
- the coupon has no cash value;
- if a coupon is applicable to a product out of inventory, the store manager will keep the coupon and issue an "Our apologies" coupon stating the number of reward miles under the applicable coupon presented.
Coupons from mobile devices
- Usually, electronic coupons generated and presented by a mobile device (iPod, iPhone and other devices of this type) are not accepted for the moment.
However, to modernize our procedures and limit the printing of coupons, the Jean Coutu Group has decided to offer the possibility to customers in stores to present the coupon directly from their smart phones (Blackberry, iPhone and other) which will represent savings in both paper and time for the customer. This policy applies only to coupons from Jean Coutu or from AIR MILES® rewards program and sent by e-mail.
Coupons from Competitors
- Coupons from other retailers and competitors are not accepted.
Price adjustment policy
- We have no National policy on price adjustment (price matching) when a product is advertised at a lower price at another retailer. A PJC store could however decide to respond locally to pricing strategies of the competition.